Sunday, May 12, 2013

Belated W3ll People Haul & Review

This is a long overdue post on my W3ll People haul from earlier in the year. Exactly how overdue, you ask? Well, apparently in the last few months W3ll People has reformulated their Universalist Colorstick, Narcissist Foundation Stick, and Nudist Lipshine (now called Nudist ColorBalm). Their products are now infused with organic aloe vera, have greater range of shades, and come in white eco-friendly packaging. 

I'm curious how the new formulas will compare with the original products which are already pretty amazing. The Narcissist Foundation Stick has been my go-to since I started using it over six months ago, and I repurchased it in shade #3. In order to take advantage of the free shipping on orders over $50 on the W3ll People website, I picked out a few other goodies - of course. I purchased...

Nudist Lipshine Duo Set, coral and nude - a special offer for $19.50 


A sample of Universalist Matte Multi-Use Colorstick in #7 (Cream Peony) - $1.50
















Read on for my thoughts on these products! 

My opinions on these products will soon be obsolete since everything has been reformulated and redesigned, except for the Hypnotist Eyeliner it seems. In general, I do have to say that I like the packaging of these original products - there's something sleek and luxe about the tubes. Pure white packaging screams tacky to me, but maybe I shouldn't judge before I get my hands on the new products. 

Narcissist foundation stick 
I still love this foundation as much today as I did when I first started using it. It is remarkable how well this creamy product blends and mimics the look of natural skin. I would even go so far as to say that it looks better with wear - my skin looks even more glowing and fresh as the day goes on. For my full review, please read my previous blog post on this product

*I do have to note that I have noticed a slight difference in formulation between this repurchase and the first stick I used, mainly in the scent. It seems that this lot had a less herbal-y scent than the original. 

Nudist Lipshine Duo set 
Each stick is priced at $19.50, which I think is overpriced, however for the duo set it's not a bad deal. The formula is creamy and moisturizing with a hint of tingling mint (it smells like the Burt's Bees lip balm), and it's easy to wear, instantly giving the lips with a nice polished sheen. I keep the nude shade in my bag for everyday wear, while the coral one has sadly been a little neglected. 

Hypnotist Eyeliner 
Unfortunately, this product failed to impress me. I had high hopes for this kohl-free, mineral liner. Its ingredients include Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Rhus Verniciflica Peel Wax, Hy- drogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Simmond- sia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soy Lecithin, [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines CI 77-7, CI 77013, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499].
Upon first swatch, the pencil liner glided on smoothly but in actual application and wear, its performance was disappointing. Regardless of whether I wore it on the top or bottom lashline, this product smudged every time. It's a case of the traveling eyeliner - every time I checked in the mirror, this liner migrated farther from my lashline. For a liner that costs $16.50, I should not have to use an eyeshadow primer or constantly wipe away smudges. 

Universalist Matt Multi-Use Colorstick 
I purchased a sample size of this in #7 to try, and surprisingly a mere sliver of product has lasted me for over three months now. Even though these Universalist Colorsticks are advertised as multi-purpose products for eyes, cheeks, and lips similar to Nars Multiples, I find that few shades are versatile enough. Cream Peony is a beautiful wearable fuchsia shade that's suitable for cheeks and lips. I mainly use this product for the cheeks to provide a nice flush of color on days that I do not feel like wearing bronzer. At $33 for the full-sized product, it might be worthwhile to use this product for at least cheek and lip.

Even with the hits & misses, I will keep coming back to W3ll People for the Narcissist foundation stick, which remains my holy grail item that makes my skin look naturally flawless. I am curious to try their newly improved line and see how they compare.

PS. Beauty.com carries W3ll People brand and will be having their 20% off Friends & Family sale from 5/14/13 to 5/17/13. I'll be taking advantage of this special to stock up on the Narcissist foundation :) Happy shopping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment